Abstract submission is currently open for both oral and poster presentations. All abstracts must be submitted to email@example.com before the abstract submission deadline of 30 June 2016.
Not more than two (2) abstracts can be presented by a registered participant.
(Either one oral and one poster presentation or two poster presentations.)
The abstract should be in English and not exceeding one page (including figures, tables and references) using the abstract template form which can be downloaded below.
As an added option, authors can submit their studies in full text for publication in the AACD2016 Abstract Book before the submission deadline of 30 June 2016. The full text should be in English and not exceeding four pages (including Abstract, Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results & Discussion, Conclusion and References) using the full text template form which can be downloaded below.
Notification of Acceptance
All submitted abstracts or full texts will be reviewed by at least two referees. Accepted abstracts will be available on the website of AACD2016 for downloading prior to the meeting. A notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail to the presenting author.
Keynote presentations will be 40 minutes including time for questions.
Invited presentations will be 30 minutes including time for questions.
Oral presentations will be 20 minutes including time for questions.
Presentations must be loaded prior to the beginning of the session.
Preferred: Bring your presentation on a CD or a memory stick compatible with a PC computer.
Alternatively: Personal laptop computers may be used, but compatibility with the LCD projector must be ensured prior to the session. In addition, please bring a CD or memory stick as backup.
Preparation of Poster:
Each presenter is provided with a 730 mm wide x 1030 mm high poster board. Two posters will be displayed on each side of a single board (two or four posters per board dependent on poster board). The poster must not exceed the size limit. Please prepare your poster as shown below :
· The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract.
· Place the title of your paper prominently at the top of the poster to allow viewers to identify your paper.
· Highlight the authors’ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information.
· Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
· Paragraph and figure captions should be at least in a 24-point font (10 mm height) and headers at least in a 36-point font (12 mm height). Be creative by using different font sizes and styles.
· When working with graphs or charts, use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar.
Posters will be presented at the four different sessions. Each poster session includes 85-90 posters and presentation time is about 90-100 min. All poster presentations will be evaluated by minimum five referees. The best 5 or 6 posters will be selected for each poster session. Finally, the selected best 20 or 24 posters will orally be presented for 5 min each at the 1st October. After presentations of the selected posters, the best three posters will be selected by all the participants and significant prizes will be granted for the best posters by TÜPRAŞ (Turkish Petroleum Refineries Corporation).